Charles & Ann | Engagement

I travelled to Knoxville for their session at their home. I was greeted by the sweetest little pup, Duke! They have two dogs, but Duke stole my heart from moment one. I had to include him in at least a few of their photos! As soon as I pulled into their driveway, I knew exactly where I wanted to begin their session. The lighting was perfect, the trees were perfect, and the grass was just tall enough. Ann said she was embarrassed by how tall the grass was, but thankfully she trusted me. My FAVORITE images from the session were in this little field! This sweet couple had me SWOONING their entire engagement session.

I had to add in some of the black & white portraits. I absolutely LOVE B&W photos, they’re so classy!

Here is my boy! I seriously LOVE this dog with all my heart. I seriously almost stuck him in my backseat 🙈

I would really love for them to include Duke in their wedding, but it’s so far from home. They’re getting married in Greeneville, but live in Knoxville. So that is about an hour and a half drive. Also, I’m pretty sure the Historic General Morgan Inn doesn’t allow dogs, haha!

I also want to point out that this girl wore full HEELS. I was dying wearing boots, hiking up the hill. She walked all over & through the woods like superwoman. Goals.

Oh, did I mention they have a mini vineyard on their property?!

How cute are the boots she wore between sessions? I love it 😍

Fun Fact: This sweet couple met in Ballroom Dancing classes…Excuse me?! HOW FREAKIN’ CUTE! I love ‘How we met’ stories like this. I seriously cannot wait for their first dance photos at their reception!

Look at the mountain views outside of their back door! Holy cow.

Their session was such a blast, and I absolutely cannot wait to shoot their wedding in September! They are such a sweet & adorable couple. I need an excuse to see Duke again though. That pup has my heart ❤️

XOXO,

Alissa

1. Mandy

May 6th, 2019 at 2:41 AM

What a gorgeous location. Love that they included their pup!

2. Maria

May 6th, 2019 at 2:41 AM

Love the ones of them walking in the field with their dog. Beautiful photos

3. Nicole

May 6th, 2019 at 2:56 AM

They have such a beautiful spot to call home! Plus… doggies always make sessions better and their dog, Duke, was adorable! Usually you hear people taking ballroom classes together… and the fact they met at one is such a classic love story movie plot!

4. Erica

May 6th, 2019 at 3:06 AM

Such a lovely property. Definitely makes these photos extra special.

5. Krystal Troutt

May 6th, 2019 at 3:12 AM

Wow! Absolutely stunning and so so jealous of their view from their back porch! Great job and beautiful couple!!

6. Samantha

May 6th, 2019 at 3:22 AM

So adorable! That property is stunning and I’m totally in love with the photos that include their pup too!

7. Courtney

May 6th, 2019 at 3:49 AM

What a beautiful couple! I love that the doggos got to be included!

8. Alisha Cornett

May 6th, 2019 at 4:29 AM

Love those mountains in the back!! And always love pup sessions! ❤️

9. Jeanette Merstrand

May 6th, 2019 at 5:28 PM

Sooo sweet! I love that you included Duke and their other dog in the session! Also, the length of the grass is so perfect for romantic photos like this- I love that even though she was worried that it actually was the perfect spot, and they trusted you! <3

10. Krista

May 6th, 2019 at 9:58 PM

Aw I LOVE that they included their pup!! My sister just got a puppy they named Duke too! That location is amazing too!

11. Mandy

May 7th, 2019 at 12:17 AM

wow – they have a beautiful property. Love the vineyard shots – and their pup!!!

12. Christina

May 9th, 2019 at 9:07 AM

Their property is gorgeous!! It makes it so special that they could have these pictures done on their property with their puppy. Beautiful pictures!

12 COMMENTS