Last year, I saw a venue in Florida on my Instagram, and KNEW I had to shoot there. It is a chapel in Tarpon Springs (near clearwater) Florida that was created & designed BY brides, FOR brides. It was 100% my style. I reached out to them and asked if they’d let their brides know that there was a photographer offering a discount to a couple getting married there, within minutes I had an e-mail from Britni, asking for more details! We hopped on a phone call & clicked immediately! This was truly meant to be.
Britni told me all about their love story, about their boys, and about their wedding day, and I just knew that it would be perfect. Fun fact, they met less than a year ago! This reminded me of my parents, because they got married 6 MONTHS from the day of their first date! They’ve been together 25 years now, and I can see their love grow everyday. When Britni told me about her & John and their love for their boys, I couldn’t wait to meet them.
Fast forward to this month, on Thursday I hopped on a plane to Clearwater to shoot their wedding! When I got to their getting ready location yesterday, It felt like I had known Britni for years. She is such a sweet, kind & beautiful person. I met up with John at the chapel and he is such a fun guy! He’s funny, sweet, and I swear he has never met a stranger! They are truly perfect for each other.
I have SO many favorite moments from their day, but if I had to narrow it down to two, it would be this…
- John surprised Britni with a CORVETTE! Ok, it’s a rental, but she LOVES corvettes and has been wanting to drive one. So after their first look, he took her outside to see the corvette sitting in front of the chapel, all shiny and red! We took several bridal portraits with it, and oh my!
- Their first look. Reason 345 why I love first looks & I recommend them to all of my couples. It is the sweetest, calmest, most stress free moment of the day, hands down. All of the anticipation is built, he gets to see her in a private setting, without anyone watching (except for me, but I try to stay quite), and it is just the most beautiful moment of all. They embraced, kissed, cried & prayed. It had me in tears.
I’ll quit blabbering on, mainly because I have to catch my flight back home, but also because I’m sure you’re ready to see the photos! If you’ve made it this far, thanks for reading and reliving their day with me!
John & Britni, thank you so much for trusting me to capture your special day. You two are absolutely ADORABLE and I can really feel the love & happiness every time I was around you both. I hope you have a long life of love and happiness, I am sure you will!
Alissa J Moore
- Florist: Flowers from Hobby Lobby put together by bride
- Venue: Ceremony- Harborside Chapel, Reception- The Rusty Pelican
- Day of Coordinator: Jessica from Harborside Chapel
- Hair Stylist: Krystina Ann Bridal
- Makeup Artist: Krystina Ann Bridal
- DJ/Band: Events Done Right
- Cake: Publix
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Men’s Wearhouse
- Wedding Dress: David’s Bridal
- Bridesmaids dresses: Infinity.com
- Videographer: Brad Hall Studios